Overview: Bridges MN is hiring Direct Care Staff to oversee the day to day operations of our adult foster care site in Forest Lake, which serves individuals with disabilities.
This shift not negotiable to be changed.
Weds-Fri 10p-8a, Sat-Sun 8p-8a, and Mon-Tues 10p-8a
– Experience with Depression, PTSD,Impulse control
– experience in use of Manual Restraint (will be taught with Bridges)
– history and knowledge of De-escalation techniques will help you in this role, we will teach you this as well
– must be patient and understanding
– must know how to cook (various meats, follow recipes, and etc.)
– must be able to lead and re-direct behaviors when needed
– acceptable driving history and dependable transportation
– ability to pass a background study
– dependable schedule. Our clients rely on you!
Acceptable Driving History Includes:
For drivers under 21:
– No more than 2 minor moving violations in past 3 years
– No major violations (DUI, Careless, Reckless, Serious Speed, Driving While License Suspended) in past 5 years
For drivers 21 and older, some exceptions are made, as follows:
– No more than 3 minor violations in past 3 years
– If there’s only 1 major violation and it’s over 4 years old and there’s no more than 1 minor violation, this is usually acceptable
– If there’s a driving while suspended or a serious speed less than 3 years old but the driving record is otherwise clean, this is also acceptable.
Why work for us?
Bridges MN strive to create a culture of serving our residents with the utmost excellence of care.
PTO, 401K and profit sharing as well as medical/dental/vision (for FT employees).
Our purpose is to improve the lives of disabled individuals by creating opportunities for more independence in their homes and jobs. With our exceptional staff, valued partners and government agencies, Bridges provides a solid foundation in supporting personal growth and positive experiences. To accomplish our mission, Bridges engages in a process of discovering individual needs as well as individual dreams. We want to ensure informed choice and person centered planning in helping to design innovative service models for individuals no matter the level of need. In short, we live to help and improve the lives of our residents. We want our staff to emulate this motto.
Bridges MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is: