Terms & Conditions
ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SITE
General Use. The Site is intended for individuals seeking employment and for employers seeking candidates for employment. You may use this Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of the Company’s intended and acceptable use of the Site. Find A Job MN is the sole interpreter of the Site’s intended and acceptable use.
Eligibility. You must be 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority as defined in your jurisdiction, whichever is older, to visit or use the Site in any manner. By visiting the Site or accepting these Terms, you represent and warrant to Find A Job MN that you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms. You also represent and warrant to Find A Job MN that you will use the Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Use by Job Seekers. Find A Job MN hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-assignable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any information you post to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post any inaccurate, untimely, stale, incomplete or misleading information.
- Respond to a job posting on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
- Post or transmit any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information that is not your own accurate resume.
Use by Employers. Find A Job MN hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-assignable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your internal business use seeking candidates for employment. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal use directly related to using the Site for the purpose of searching and recruiting job prospects.
You may not sell, transfer or assign any products or services or your rights to any products or services provided by Find A Job MN to any third party without the express written authorization of Find A Job MN You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any information you post to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Find A Job MN reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use at any time if Find A Job MN determines that you are in breach of any of these Terms.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post any inaccurate, untimely, stale, incomplete or misleading information.
- Post any employment opportunities that are inaccurate or not available.
- Post the same position multiple times on the Site or post multiple positions within one posting.
- Place any contact information within a job posting that is different from or in addition to contact information provided when purchasing the service.
- Resell or make available to any person, whether via phone, fax, email, mail or any other medium, any of the Site services or any information obtained therefrom, including without limitation, resumes or candidate information.
- Share passwords, login information or named user identification or otherwise allow multiple offices or users to access the Site on a basis that is other than what was originally purchased. A named user is defined as one unique individual user with one unique password. An office is defined as a location where a named user routinely accesses or uses the Site.
- Allow job postings or employment requirements to remain posted on the Site after they are no longer available, viable or valid.
- Engage in spamming, flooding, soliciting or mass marketing via email, direct mail, telephone, or otherwise to job seekers or subscribers.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, an Find A Job MN employee or agent, a user of the Site’s services, including a candidate, placement specialist or an employer, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Post or transmit any job posting that does not comply with applicable law, including, but not limited to, United States federal, state and local laws relating to equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility verification.
- Communicate, send, or place unsolicited email, telephone calls, mailings or other contacts to posting individuals and entities.
- Print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about candidates for purposes other than consideration of the candidates for potential, current employment by your company.
Access to Site. You agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Find A Job MN, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Find A Job MN. You specifically agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Site through any automated means, including use of scripts or web crawlers, and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Site.
You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site, or the servers and networks which are connected to the Site.
Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Find A Job MN, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Site for any purpose.
PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Site. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to Find A Job MN for all activities that occur under your account.
You agree not to distribute, transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If more than one individual wishes to use a single password belonging to a registered user, such registered user must request permission from Find A Job MN, it being understood that Find A Job MN shall be under no obligation to approve any such request.
If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by updating your account information and immediately notify us of the problem via email addressed to email@example.com
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
Find A Job MN reserves the right to deactivate or cancel any account for any reason pertaining to the administration and use of the Site.
Find A Job MN is not liable to the Users of the Site or to its registered participants for the content, quality, performance or any other aspect of any information provided by participants and transmitted by the Site or for any errors in the transmission of said information. Nor isFind A Job MN responsible to any person for any damages arising in any manner out of the use of the Site.
You hereby agree to hold Find A Job MN and their representative companies harmless and to indemnify them against all costs and expenses arising out of but not limited to all claims, suits, or litigation resulting from membership and usage of the Site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
FIND A JOB MN PROVIDES THE SITE AND SERVICES “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. FIND A JOB MN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE SITE WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
Find A Job MN will not sell, rent or release to any third parties personal or company information that is entered into findajob.mn by the User. Find A Job MN shall retain all right, title and interest in and to findajob.mn, including all intellectual property rights therein and thereto. User acknowledges that Find A Job MN may compile aggregate data related to the use of findajob.mn and that Find A Job MN may use, reproduce and make commercially available to third parties such aggregate data. Such aggregate data shall be the property of Find A Job MN and can be used without notice to or approval of User.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes any and all prior agreements, between Find A Job MN and User with regard to findajob.mn. The failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not result in a waiver of any rights either party may have under this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, it will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions. Find A Job MN will not be liable for any delay or failure of findajob.mn due to any event beyond its control or otherwise including natural disasters, acts of government or war, etc. Nothing in this Agreement may be construed to make either party the agent or partner of the other. This Agreement shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Minnesota and both parties further consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in that State.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
- When you create an account, we need to know your name, email address and in the case of employers, your mailing address. This allows us to help you with your employment efforts and to notify you of your employment search or recruiting status.
- When you sign up for services like Newsletters or download certain software or plug-ins made available by us through our site, we need only an email address — which we use to send the information you requested.
- When you submit a resume to a job posting, we need your email address and name so that the company to which you are applying can contact you.
- When you post your resume to our online database, we make available to client companies only that information you provide in the body of your resume. If you wish to remain anonymous, you should remove any personal information from your resume. Your email address is needed to insure that employers can contact you.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- When you participate in a Discussion Forum, you will be prompted to submit your name and where you’re from (for example, “Joe from Minneapolis”) and your comment or question, but no other information is formally stored in the archive of the forum.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new Find A Job MN services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES
Find A Job MN will not share, release or sell your personal information to outside or third parties. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. Find A Job MN may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of Find A Job MN, our users, or others.
POLICY ON LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party Web sites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Find A Job MN cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement whenever interacting with any Web site.
PROTECT YOURSELF WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS
When pursuing a position and communicating with prospective employers it is important that you:
- Not provide your social security number to a prospective employer.
- Not provide credit card or bank numbers or monetary transactions of any sort.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of the United States.
- Not provide any non-work related personal information (i.e. social security number, birth date, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
Legitimate employers should never ask for any of the information above and you should be wary (and not provide it) if a prospective employer should ask you for personal information.