Freelance Staff Facilities Sustainability Engineer – Abbott Laboratories – Plymouth, MN
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world – in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Sustainability Engineer will provide sustainability and facility infrastructure engineering for the Abbott CN division to ensure sustainability goals are met and facilities operate as efficiently as possible while focusing on the reduction of energy and related CO2, waste, and water.
This individual’s mission is to develop, plan, specify, design, and provide facility and manufacturing support systems that enable 100% manufacturing up-time, lower manufacturing costs, support manufacturing growth, and new construction while standardizing facility and manufacturing support systems, equipment, and policies at all Abbott CN sites. These systems include manufacturing machines, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, wastewater treatment, vacuum, compressed air, chemical transfer and storage, pure water, process gasses, sanitary sewers, process chilled and hot water, fire suppression, electrical systems, indoor air quality, and energy management services.
1. Develop/establish/support 2020/2030 sustainability plans for all of the CN facilities that meet or exceed Abbott’s sustainability goals and objectives. This includes all infrastructure related to electrical energy, natural gas, water, and waste.
2. Utilize and develop measurement programs to track the sustainability and financial metrics in order to determine the successfulness of initiatives to meet sustainability goals.
3. Lead projects and teams related to implementing the sustainability plans developed. This includes infrastructure improvements, upgrades, and new installations.
4. Deploy analytical and problem solving skills/techniques to determine technical solutions related to utility and sustainability issues.
5. Develop engineering calculations and assumptions for projects and provide engineering analysis. Assure that fundamental engineering methods/techniques and applicable codes have been properly applied to all project designs.
6. Utilize formal/informal communication tools and skills to ensure department goals, direction, and progress on activities is distributed and comprehended by impacted or involved resources, departments, and management.
7. Demonstrate personal work conduct and ethics which is supportive of Abbott’s Corporate Vision and Values, and is representative of Corporate/Divisional/Department Management.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, PE license preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional related experience in Facilities Engineering or Facilities Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in energy and water conservation initiatives.
- Project management experience.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001, 50001 desirable.
- Financial course work and experience related to determining ROI, NPV, etc.
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Must use sound judgement and ability to build and maintain relationships with individuals and in teams.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel with overnight stay (20%).
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
52 total views, 1 today