14 May 2018
Solution Architect – CompuCom – Minneapolis, MN
CompuCom Systems, Inc. provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for enterprise, midsize and small businesses. Celebrating its 30th year, CompuCom delights with individual experiences, drives workplace collaboration and productivity, and delivers operational performance and efficiency.
The CompuCom Enterprise Technology Architect is responsible for collaborating with the CompuCom and OEM Sales and Technical teams to develop and present the best possible technology solution which meets or exceeds the client expectations and needs. This role is for a pre-sales Engineer that will be working in large and complex environments where they will be required to demonstrate and solution cutting edge technology to solve some of our clients most complicated technical and business challenges.
- Develops a strong working relationship with the Account Executive team in his/her assigned territory to assist in developing new accounts and expanding business in existing accounts.
- Works with the Account Executive team in his/her assigned territory to inform them of new products, technologies, and services.
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship as the trusted advisor to client IT staff.
- Works with client IT engineers and managers to architect a solution which meets the current and future requirements as presented by the client and discovered during conversations with the client.
- Uses configuration toolsets and industry best practices to develop a bill-of-materials for the required hardware, software, and services.
- Develops a working relationship with the OEM Account Executives and Engineers to help drive joint opportunities.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all OEM products and Solutions. Be able to articulate value messaging to sales reps on how total solution will positively impact customer’s business outcomes.
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends and client challenges to develop and deliver compelling value propositions as they apply to the solution being developed and presented.
- Develops and delivers clear and concise technical sales presentations for client discussions and meetings.
- Works closely with other Enterprise Technology Architects to develop a complete cross-technology solution for the client, assuring that all aspects of the solution are compatible and will best meet the needs of the client.
- Ability to participate in peer-review sessions for large solutions, ensuring the best possible solution be delivered without error in the bill-of-materials or proposed architecture.
- 5+ years of experience architecting and presenting complex and advanced technology solutions for medium business to large enterprise
- Strong experience selling multiple facets of pre-sales Engineering: Enterprise Networking, Collaboration, Internet of Things (IoT), Data Center, Wireless, Security, Application Performance Management (APM), Software Defined Networking (SDN), and Multi-Cloud
- Experience in developing services requirements and scopes-of-work for medium business to large enterprise projects
- Motivated and self-directed technical professional that can operate within guidelines assigned
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and persuasion skills and a positive professional attitude
- Willingness and ability to travel for client meetings, OEM conferences, and trainings
- Experience with either a Cisco Gold Partner, reseller, or systems integrator is strongly preferred
CCIE is preferred (not required)
- Minimum CCNP is required
Experience with Cisco pre-sales activities is required
- Experience with HPE, Aruba, DellEMC, AppDynamics, Lenovo DCG, and equivalent market competitors is highly desirable
High-Level Summary of Enterprise Hardware Solution Architect – Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Reacts to difficult situations with maturity and emotional intelligence
- Follows through on all commitments made and when/if appropriate, takes independent action to ensure results
- Establishes standards that ensure individual responsibility for actions taken and results desired
- Possesses the following skills; high level of integrity, highly dependable, self-starter, positive attitude, good organization, and good time management
- Clearly communicates verbally and in writing
- Presents information, instructions and ideas clearly and effectively
- Makes presentations that are organized, informative, concise and appropriate for the audience
- Keeps appropriate people aware of plans, decisions, changes, and other relevant information
- Demonstrates knowledge of commitments (direct and implied and able to clearly articulate scope of services)
- Communicates any issues related to the scope of services to CompuCom management and follows them through to a positive resolution
- Develops strong business relationships within the organization and with partners in his/her territory
Business and Technology Acumen
- Understand the CompuCom sales model for hardware and services
- Understand the CompuCom Go-to-Market strategy for the OEMs supported
- Understand industry and competitive trends impacting the client
Join the Leader In the Delivery of Technology Solutions
CompuCom has a clear vision and roadmap for the future of technology, and how it can help businesses achieve their goals.
- 2018 Leader, Gartner Magic Quadrant, Managed Workplace Services, North America.
- Recognized 15 straight years by Gartner.
- We manage millions of devices and IoT nodes, including 6.4 million devices, 2.4 million network devices, 449,000+ servers and 1 million+ mobile devices.
- We support 5.15 million users in North America and more than 8 million Service Desk contacts.
Learn more about CompuCom and how our comprehensive solutions and services benefit six of the top ten Fortune 500 businesses, seven of the top ten retail businesses, and six of the top ten financial services firms in North America. Visit us online at CompuCom.com.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
5 total views, 1 today