Full-Time RN Case Manager, Registered Nurse, Homecare – Interim Healthcare – Hudson, WI
To assure quality patient/client care and services are provided to in home clients. Accountable for making decisions based on his/her educational preparation and experience in nursing.
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon principles of psychological, biological, physical and social sciences.
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client needs.
- Visits in home clients to evaluate the quality of care being provided and reviews clinical notes.
- Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of all in home clients within specified deadlines.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates their execution.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient’s/client’s progress.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient/client care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team members.
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for use in the home.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Job Type: Full-time
- homecare: 1 year
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
12 total views, 1 today