Quality Engineer – Crenlo – Rochester, MN
The Quality Engineer is responsible to develop, implement and maintain the Quality Assurance systems and programs. This position works closely in a team environment to design, develop, improve, document and maintain existing quality processes in a variety of areas from cutting and forming raw steel through final shipment of the product.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize proven lean manufacturing based analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills/abilities to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, inventory reduction and quality improvement while improving employee safety.
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause of problems and implement corrective action measures for improvement.
- Key member on project development/implementation team for new/existing products and process.
- Communicate information to internal and external customers regarding Corrective Action, Containment, Continuous Improvement, Questionnaires and Audits.
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, Customers and Suppliers to clarify specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Develop, implement and maintain inspection systems to ensure product acceptance.
- Initiate, monitor and verify Corrective Action Requests.
- Perform independent work to ensure that poka-yoke techniques are launched during the product and process design phases as a means to address quality issues.
- Develop documentation for new and current products to include engineering drawings, specifications, ARI’s, quality checklists, BOMs, Routings, Estimates, etc.
- Represent the department and company during meetings with external customers or suppliers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Quality Engineering or related field is required.
- American Society for Quality (A.S.Q.) certification is a plus.
- Experience in metal fabrication, welding, painting or assembly is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management, problem prevention and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to read, interpret and communicate print specifications as necessary.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
21 total views, 1 today