Production Planner – GEA Group – Hudson, WI
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
GEA is looking for a qualified Production Planner to join the Hudson, WI team. This role assists the Manager of Production Planning in scheduling the production shop by gathering production hours information from multiple sources and maintaining the shop schedule in the ERP systems of the Company. Provides assistance to the expediting of drawings and other information necessary for the production process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Compiles production information for Management analysis from the Company’s ERP system.
- Maintains the shop schedule, using established planning tools, or other reporting tools used by the Company as required to assist in managing the manufacturing operation.
- Prepares production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing production information and trends.
- Works with engineering and design on drawing schedules to assure deliveries of fabricated equipment can be achieved.
- Works with all Departments in Manufacturing to resolve daily issues as they pertain to the production schedule.
- Works with Purchasing to expedite materials needed according to the production schedule as well as the field installation schedule.
- Maintains confidentiality by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by completing all tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a two year associated degree in Business Administration or Materials Management or equivalent/related work experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess good English language communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently as required.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling system.
- Advantageous to have working knowledge of MS Office products and Lotus Notes
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
- Employee training and development. Measurement of performance to goals and standards. An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations. Systems and continuous improvement orientation.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail. Problem analysis and resolution. Inventory management. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. An ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have four years relevant work experience.
Your profile and qualifications:
- Sit, stand, bend, reach, walk for long periods of time in office setting
- Must be able to lift/carry 25 lbs.
- Use of steps, stairs, lifts routinely
- May be required to work extended hours which may include weekend and holidays
- Regularly exposed to manufacturing areas that may require personal protective equipment
- Regularly exposed to a manufacturing work environment that is cold, dirty, greasy, wet and noisy
Our benefits include Retirement Plan, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Disability Benefits, Health Spending Account, Life Insurance, Twelve (12) paid statutory Holidays, paid Vacations and personal days.
We are a member of the international GEA Group. For additional information about the GEA organization, please access our website www.gea.com.
*GEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and Pre-employment drug screening*
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
15 total views, 1 today