Product Placement Specialist – Northern Tool + Equipment – Forest Lake, MN
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To keep the retail store properly stocked by unloading product deliveries in a timely manner and moving product to the sales floor in compliance with approved store plan-o-grams and floor layouts.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintains a consistent and adequate stock of products on the sales floor and warehouse shelves in a neat, consistent and orderly condition.
- Assembles products for displays and customers as needed.
- Arranges displays to coordinate with sales promotions and the season and makes plan-o-gram (POG) revisions as directed.
- Downstocks, faces and fronts all merchandise according to Company merchandising standards.
- Assists customers in a professional and courteous manner, as needed, such as getting merchandise for them and helping load heavier items.
- Receives product in the store warehouse from the Company’s distribution centers or directly from vendors. Records and notifies Product Placement Lead of any issues.
- Completes required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Remains informed on all new and existing products and Merchandise programs.
- Reports any witnessed inappropriate activity or theft immediately to manager on duty.
- Follows Company approved Customer Service Standards.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent.
- At least six months of related retail sales experience with product place, store layouts or equivalent training.
- Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
30 total views, 1 today