Photographer – Media Support Services (limited tenure) – Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
Media Support Services
- This is a 2 year limited tenure assignment
A Mayo Clinic Photographer’s role is multi-disciplinary, providing image capture support within a clinical and editorial setting. Patient photography is handled in surgical, clinical, and research areas ranging from studio settings to exam and operating rooms. Will also be required to provide basic video acquisition and light editing during surgical assignments with DSLR. May serve as on-call photographer for medical documentation during non-business hours.
Editorial photography responsibilities may include operational event photography as well as image acquisition in a creative role from conceptualization through image selection, which requires creative thinking, decision making, self-motivation, and a high level of technical skill. Will collaborate with art directors, designers, project managers and/or others in support of institutional directives. Works independently as well as in a team environment in the completion of responsibilities. Effectively communicates with a wide variety of people in the completion of work.
Must adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines and maintain a high degree of professionalism during stressful situations. Evening and weekend hours are expected. Traveling for assignments is required. The images created may appear in internal Mayo publications, promotional materials, scientific publication, intranet and internet sites, external media, and electronic presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or Visual Arts required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ professional photography experience is required.
- Portfolio required for consideration
- Prefer experience with video capture and editing
- Demonstrated proficiency at the Associate Photographer level
- Prior experience in the medical, scientific, or corporate environment is preferred
- Possess a thorough understanding of all current photographic equipment and knowledge in the use of all photographic formats
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of computer-aided photo image enhancement is essential
- Demonstrated understanding of photographic lighting and techniques for studio, outdoor, location, and journalistic situations
- Ability to give and receive clear and concise direction and possess problem solving skills
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $24.12 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance, Support Services
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
15 total views, 1 today