Network Communications Technician (Spring Valley, MN) – CenturyLink – Spring Valley, MN
As a Centurylink Central Office Technician you will be responsible for all aspects of working in the physical Central Office as follows:
- Support and maintain all switching equipment in Central Offices.
- Install, support and maintain special circuits and be capable of working within the TIRKS system.
- Monitor and support all switch alarm activity.
- Install, support and maintain fiber networks.
- Support and maintain transport network and central power platforms.
- You should be familiar with both inside and plant cabling practices.
- Technician must be self motivated and be able to drive issues to resolution.
- Technician is expected to promote and sell CenturyLink services.
- Technician must observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Technician must work well with both customers and fellow peers.
- All other duties as assigned
- Five years of current experience in a central office, related telephony field, or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Incumbent must be technically proficient in order to perform the specific work requirements of the job in the particular location.
- Ability to achieve required certifications and to successfully complete any required training or coursework.
- Ability to analyze the performance of switching and peripheral data systems and initiate corrective action.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, particularly in detailing technical information.
- Ability to maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Heavy lifting as required.
- Ability to identify and distinguish audible tones/levels.
- Knowledge of transmission and supervision characteristics.
- Must have working knowledge of central office NAP functions.
- Must have working knowledge of PC’s, including basic computer operational tasks.
- Must be able to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology/equipment/platforms.
- May be required to reside within certain proximity of a reporting location.
- Must be able to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training.
- Ability to safely climb ladders while working aloft.
Associate’s degree in electronics, communications or a related field; or the equivalent in training and experience.
- SONET Fiber Optic transport experience.
- Network+, A+, CCNA Certifications.
- Certification in CISCO, Microsoft, or other related network/data systems.
- Certification or equivalent training in inter-networking technology and LAN/WAN equipment such as Ethernet switches, routers, ATM, frame relay, IP, and routing protocols.
- Current experience with NGDLC Systems, GTD-5, Siemens MXU 914A and 914E, or Nortel DMS family switches.
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-Spring Valley
Requisition #: 176847
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester
Job Segment: Communications, Network, Technician, Consulting, Cisco, Marketing, Technology
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
30 total views, 1 today