Medical Assistant (MA) – Primary Care – Mayo Clinic – Zumbrota, MN
Graduate of a medical assistant program
- If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer skills required
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
One year LPN/MA experience within the last five years preferred.
License or certification
- Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
- Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $16.68 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
Mon-Fri varied shifts during clinic hours. Clinic hours are Mon, Wed, Fri 8AM-5PM and Tues, Thurs 7A-7P.
FTE will include some time working in the lab as well as in nursing. Position will include floating to other sites in the River Corridor (Red Wing, Cannon Falls, Lake City, Plainview and Ellsworth).
Position will be included in the Saturday rotation for Saturday clinic in Cannon Falls.
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Primary Care Internal Medicine
The medical assistant performs assigned tasks of direct and indirect care in the ambulatory setting to meet the care needs of patients under the direct supervision of a physician (medical acts) or assigned supervisor. The medical assistant participates as a member of the health care team and accepts appropriate delegation from the RN or physician in meeting needs of the patient/family. The medical assistant performs assigned tasks in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care. The medical assistant carries out designated activities that are within those functions limited by law to unlicensed health care personnel.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
23 total views, 1 today