Manufacturing Engineer – Crenlo – Rochester, MN
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to develop and maintain the manufacturing processes at Crenlo. This position works closely in a team environment to design, develop, improve, document and maintain existing processes in a variety of areas from cutting and forming raw steel through final shipment of the product.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize proven lean manufacturing based analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills/abilities to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, inventory reduction and quality improvement while improving employee safety.
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause of problems and implement corrective action measures for improvement.
- Key member on project development/implementation team for new/existing products and process. This includes the development of floor plan layouts, cost justification for new and used equipment, documentation and troubleshooting of new and existing processes as well as responding to floor issues to ensure productive flow of product.
- Perform independent work to ensure that poka-yoke techniques are launched during the product and process design phases as a means to address quality issues.
- Develop documentation for new and current product to include engineering drawings, specifications, ARI’s, quality checklists, BOMs, Routings, Estimates, etc.
- Review customer requirements and specifications. Perform general calculations and design layouts to ensure accuracy and compliance to customer specifications. Consult with cross-functional teams and customers to assure the design will meet specifications.
- Represent the department and company during meetings with external customers or suppliers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related field is required.
- Experience in metal fabrication, welding, painting or assembly is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management, problem prevention and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to read, interpret and communicate print specifications as necessary.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
20 total views, 1 today