To adjust and operate a variety of machine tools to perform a series of machining operations on a repetitive line of work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring skill and a general knowledge of selected machines, machining techniques and familiarity with numerical machine operation procedures.
1. Production Equipment – Sets-up and runs, with minimal supervision, a variety of machines to include: vertical mills, production porting, grinders, deburring, and cleaning equipment. Runs manual lathes, chuckers, and other production equipment with supervision, and has a general knowledge of CNC and NC controlled equipment and how they operate.
2. Programming – Edits, cuts and pastes programs from existing programs or common routines and programming tools loaded into PC’s. Completes all supporting documentation to insure compliance with Tescom’s quality system and communicates the changes to management, other machinists, other shifts and support personnel as needed to insure consistency.
3. Set-Up – Performs set-ups with minimal supervision on manual machines within an acceptable time frame following documented processes and procedures. Works from programming operational data and set-up instructions defining tool arrangements, work holding methods and setting of tools. Completes all supporting documentation to insure compliance with Tescom’s quality system.
4. Operate and Adjust – Produces product on CNC or manual machines to meet or exceed the requirements of department standards. Documents and communicates any inconsistencies or changes of standard run times to support personnel through the use of process change forms.
5. Care of Equipment and Cleanliness – Exercises proper care of Tescom equipment.
6. Process Improvement – Supports the efforts of total quality and process improvement by recommending methods, equipment, techniques and other changes to improve machine shop operations through active participation in Process Improvement Teams or meetings. Assists in documentation and control of processes in accordance with process change/control policy.
7. Safety – Performs work in a safe manner by following all safety rules, and insuring safety guards are in place on all machines worked with.
8. Quality Functions – Performs quality functions according to Quality Assurance department processes. Performs inspections of product using a wide variety of inspection devices such as surface finish measuring, workmanship standards and handheld measuring equipment. Completes operator self-inspection and records data. Ability to use SPC data collection forms and any other supporting documentation required. Complies with SOP’s and work instructions.
2nd shift schedule: Monday through Thursday, 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. with OT on Friday starting at 3 p.m.
- Post high school training in machine shop, blueprint reading, basic CNC operation, and machine shop math; or one year machining experience in a production environment machine shop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop math.
- Physical ability to lift, carry or maneuver up to 60 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use computers and shop reference manuals.
- According to Government Regulations all employees in this job classification must be a US Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.