HTM – Biomedical Healthcare Eng Tech II – Equipment Repair – Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electronics, or other related technology fields and 3 years of medical equipment service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Associate of Applied Science degree from a Biomedical Electronics Program
- Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology with three years’ of successfully servicing of a variety of medical equipment in a hospital and/or clinic setting
- US Military Biomedical Equipment Specialist training
Including the following:
- Knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English anatomy, physiology, biology, medical terminology
- Strong understanding of common clinical terminology and the medical practice
- Strong network/computer/IT skillset
- High level of professionalism
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
AAMI ACI Certified (BMET Biomedical Electronic Technician, CRES Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist, CLES Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialist), proven work experience, high-level technical training in related fields, and manufacturer/vendor training certifications preferred.
emonstrates a high- level knowledge of clinical, radiological, laboratory and networked medical equipment and systems.
- Ability to use common electrical and electronic instruments such as o-scopes, multi-meters, radiation meters. Ability to load and configure Microsoft operating system software, load and configure antivirus software, and configure equipment to work properly on a network.
- Exhibits a strong understanding and can effectively communicate the use of devices supported
- Can provide high-level support of high acuity medical equipment used for direct patient care
- Has a high- level understanding of the operations and environment that they support e.g.; hospital, clinic, laboratory, research, etc.
- Possesses high-level experience in their assigned clinical environment
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $xx.xx per hour.
Hours / Pay period
40 hour work week, One day per week on-call responsibility, One weekend in 5 on-call responsibility. Some overtime periodically required
Weekend shift: On-call rotation. Occasional overtime.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Healthcare Technology Management
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Healthcare Technology Management
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic’s Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) department is seeking candidates to fill a Biomedical Equipment Technician / Specialist / Healthcare Engineering Tech 2. This position is a non-exempt position focused on medical device equipment repair.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and current asset management software. Consistently demonstrates strong skills and tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment and interconnected systems (VLAN, isolated network and Mayo network). Individuals in this position must be highly customer focused with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be highly experienced with an exceptional technical skillset, comprehensive clinical knowledge and be able to work with minimal supervision on a regular basis. Also must be capable of giving in-service education for clinical and technical staff on critical medical devices and systems, and serve as a professional coach/mentor for clinical and HTM staff on an as needed basis. On-call and overtime is often required as well as travel to other Mayo Clinic sites. A Healthcare Engineering Technician 2 will typically have more than three years of proven successful service of a diverse spectrum of medical equipment.
Must have one of the below:
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
25 total views, 1 today