Temporary Director of Auxiliary Services – Admin Mgmt Director 1 – State of Minnesota – Coon Rapids, MN
This position, shared between Anoka-Ramsey Community College and Anoka Technical College, is responsible for the management of auxiliary services of the two colleges and three campuses. This entails overseeing in-house and outsource contract management for bookstores, dining services, central services, Health and Wellness Center, and several other auxiliary services. The three campuses serves about 15,250 students annually and has 550 employees. This is a new position within the colleges and the current structure has the Director of Auxiliary Services with five direct reports and the oversight of six third-party contracts. This position is critical to providing high-functioning customer service and student focused entities within a clean, welcoming, and contemporary educational environment that contributes to student success while maintaining financially self-sufficient operations.
This position involves significant discretion and is responsible for interpreting, developing, and implementation of college policies and procedures pertaining to auxiliary services.
Within your Cover Letter/Resume, address how you meet the following qualifications for this position.
- Theories and practices of management and supervision sufficient to direct human and fiscal resources so that program objectives are achieved. Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Marketing and merchandising, both managerially and technically, sufficient to oversee and direct retail operations and/or hospitality operations and/or other related revenue centers.
- Budgeting, contracting, and processes sufficient to ensure compliance and efficient use of resources and make proposals to achieve program initiatives.
- Contract services management with third-party suppliers/vendors.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis using complex data and statistical analysis tools, and multiple strategic planning models sufficient to evaluate program results.
- Oral communication sufficient to generate action in achieving goals, coaching and motivating, facilitation of meetings, make presentations, and negotiate disputes.
- Analytical skills and written communication sufficient to draft and interpret policy and statute language and analyze complex policy and program issues.
- Embracing and leading programs in support of equity and inclusion.
- Promote and lead strategic direction and initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the programs and make recommendations for changes.
- Write reports, correspondence, and memoranda sufficient to clearly communicate, promote, and justify division initiatives, outcomes, and/or policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in retail and/or hospitality operations; and/or as an Auxiliary Services manager within an institutional setting.
- College environments sufficient to manage operations of multiple stores and functional areas with combined annual revenues over $10 million.
- Inventory control and monitoring sufficient to maintain fiscal soundness.
- Computer technology sufficient to make sound decisions in application and functionality.
- Proven track record developing human relations sufficient to understand, develop, motivate, collaborate with and lead others.
- Negotiation and mediation skills sufficient to resolve differences between competing or different positions and to influence the endorsement, acceptance and priority for agency positions and policies.
- Understanding a union environment.
Education and work experience:
- Master’s degree in business, public administration, or related field.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College, with campuses in both Cambridge and Coon Rapids, Minnesota, has been a leading provider of higher education and training in East Central Minnesota since 1978 and the north suburban area of Minneapolis/St. Paul since 1965. Anoka-Ramsey aligned with Anoka Technical College, Anoka, Minnesota, in 2011. Annually, the two colleges (three campuses) serve more than 16,000 learners of all ages as they pursue associate degrees that transfer as the first two years of a bachelor’s degree, or technical and certificate programs that lead immediately to rewarding careers. Anoka-Ramsey Community College and Anoka Technical College are members of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
The Clery Act Campus Crime & Security Report is available to perspective employees at https://www.anokaramsey.edu/about-us/safety-security/ for Anoka-Ramsey Community College and http://www.anokatech.edu/AboutATC/PublicSafety.aspx for Anoka Technical College.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sharon Wolfgram at email@example.com or 763.576.4212.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
14 total views, 1 today