Freelance Credit Assistant IV – Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. – Blaine, MN
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Credit Assistant. If you are a professional, career-minded individual with an interest in Credit and Finance and who is committed to great customer service, this is the position for you!
As a Credit Assistant, you will:
- Work on simple, non-sensitive credit accounts, following guidelines established for the organization.
- Specific responsibilities include receipt of customer payments, reconciling outstanding account balances, and preparation of periodic reports on accounts receivable and past due status.
- Helps customers with questions/problems on their account.
- Perform routine clerical support for functional groups such as copying, distributing mail, performing simple calculations, and maintaining records and files following standard procedures with all work certified or checked by direct supervisor.
- Approves order ticket releases for credit accounts on restriction.
- Sends out lien notices/certified letters.
- May provide sign-off on commercial and residential lien waivers.
- May update and summarize receivables.
- Notifies/resolves uncollected COD’s and processes/resolves NSF checks.
- Researches/resolves credit card chargebacks.
- May approve tax exempt forms and issue tax credits.
- Processes payments for open customer accounts.
- May be responsible for collection activities including sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts on repayment terms, and decisions on referring accounts to collection agencies and/or writing off accounts receivable in accordance with company practices.
- May authorize credit applications within established company guidelines and up to a pre-specified dollar amount.
- Participates in associate meetings and communicates any concerns to management
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhering to all policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Performing other duties or functions as requested by management
- Supports enterprise business and sales objectives through the effective and efficient performance of job responsibilities.
Three (3) years of experience is preferred. Applies basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are relevant to own job.
TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Associate is expected to operate at the functional level across the following areas of technical knowledge and skill:
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally.
- Ability to efficiently operate computers, tablets and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Ability to adjust work schedule in accordance with job objectives.
- Must have strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize FEI’s inventory and logistics system (Trilogie).
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize FEI’s customer relationship management system.
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (two plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
15 total views, 1 today