Client Advocate I – Catholic Charities – Minneapolis, MN
- Under general supervision, maintains a clean, safe, and secure environment for clients and/or residents
- Processes and provides referral information and assistance on a wide variety of topics, including, but not limited to, community resources, employment, and healthcare.
- De-escalates situations as appropriate.
- Ensures all clients adhere to prohibited items policy according to program guidelines.
- Communicates information regarding clients/residents and programmatic concerns both in writing and verbally to other staff.
- Ensures that rules and policies are enforced consistently.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience with culturally diverse populations who are experiencing serious life challenges and are in need of assistance. Chemical dependency work experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check in order to work with vulnerable adults per Minnesota State Law.
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to read and write.
- Ability to work effectively in an independent manner as well as with a team.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a sensitive and caring manner.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Charities does not discriminate against applicants for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, nationality, age, marital status, disability status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, sexual orientation or preference, ancestry, familial status, or any other legally protected group.
Please review the Catholic Charities EEO-Affirmative Action Plan if you would like more information.
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
4 total views, 1 today