Assoc Technical Writer – Medtronic – Mounds View, MN
A Day in the Life
- Able to translate complex product information into concise, compliant, easy-to-follow instructions for use.
- Understanding of the impact of language localization and its effect on English content.
- Basic understanding of project management, including development and maintenance of work breakdown structure, project schedule, and milestones.
- Work with more senior writers to identify and mitigate assumptions, dependencies, and risks related to IFU development and implementation.
- Partner with more senior writers to negotiate project schedules and implementation plans to support the labeling process.
- Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing writers, product developers, regulatory, quality, and marketing personnel, and by referring to the product, technical specifications, and engineering illustrations and trade journals.
- Manage stakeholder input and negotiate content development strategy for sustaining engineering projects.
- Respond to new or changed user requirements by planning changes or improvements to IFU content.
- Influence product implementation plan through labeling architecture and electronic labeling strategy.
- Coordinate IFU translations through internal or external sources.
- Coordinate the review and approval of technical documents for a project team in enterprise configuration management systems.
- Maintain necessary records for project tracking and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of experience or education in technical writing
- Familiarity of the following topics:
o ISO regulations, FDA design controls, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), etc.
o User experience principles
o Authoring in XML in a single-source content development environment
o Ability to work effectively across disciplines to implement creative solutions to complex problems
o Writing for a global audience
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technology, processes, and requirements
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate audience and effectively communicate the appropriate level of detail
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Medtronic and its products
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and
skills of this position. The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Share this JobTweet
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
11 total views, 1 today